Course : Diploma in Medical Lab Technology (DMLT)
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: 12 Pass (all stream students can apply)
Awarding Body: Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
Diploma in medical laboratory technology(DMLT) is offered by Cradle Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Delhi. The eligibility for diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is 12 Pass (all stream students can apply) and the duration of the MLT program is 2 years. This diploma is approved from Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Students who will successfully completes the Medical Lab Technology course will be capable to perform a variety of tests and procedures, which will help physicians in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease. Sometimes paramedics who are specialized into Medical Lab Technology are also called as Laboratory Technologists or Medical Laboratory Scientists. The tests performed by them have a wide range of areas such as..
As a medical laboratory technologist, you will become competent to handle tasks in following departments:
- Blood banking
- Microbiology and many more…
The career scope is very wide in this field. Some of the career options are :
- Pathology Labs(Path Labs)
- Private Clinics
- Diagnostic Centres
- Blood Banks
- Research And Development Departments Of Pharmaceutical Companies and many more...
Duties of Medical Lab Technologist :
- Examination of body fluids and tissues cells for checking the abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria.
- Preparing tissues for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Conduct medical research and analysis.
- Operating and maintaining sophisticated instruments and equipment used and is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments.
- Maintaining competence in Lab Information System which is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Participating in Quality Improvement sessions to ensure that lab testing is accurate, on time and meets customer needs.